Sunday, February 28, 2010

link to videos

Finally was able to upload some video. They are less than 30 seconds so don't be worried about a serious time commitment to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWf6jl-IxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyAp2PB7-eA

I am still in the same routine. The latest drive here to Haiti was the hardest. They have changed things at the border so I had to wait there 8 hours. I had Gerard with me this time. He grew up in the Haiti orphanage and is now studying medicine in the DR. He was amazing at the border trying to get us through sooner. At one point we changed shirts and gave him a hat and sunglasses so he could try again with someone he already pissed off. Unfortunately, the costume did not work. When we finally tried to get through the traffic bottleneck at the gate he was getting out of the truck and stopping big rigs and yelling at dudes in four languages. I was just driving and laughing. He put on an amazing show. When we got through the gate and he hopped back in the truck we both started laughing hard and celebrating. It took us 17 hours for the usual 9 hour trip. Then when we got here we unloaded 4 pallets of milk. Needless to say I was exhausted. I am back in the road in 15 minutes so I gotta go. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment