Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I was awed by the immensity of the relief effort taking place in Haiti. Even though I only experienced a very small part of it, it was not hard to understand how much was going on around me. From the lines of big trucks loaded with relief supplies waiting at the border to the constant sound of helicopters flying people and aid around, there was so much movement. The role I played seemed so insignificant. Yet, I realized there are very few people who are in a position and are capable of being the giants in this type of situation. And for them to be effective it takes thousands of other dedicated folks to make the system work. I met so many ordinary people who decided they had something to offer. Together we were doing wonderful things. One could not help but be inspired again and again by so many people coming together to help out those in need. I was constantly reminded of how serving others is such an important part of the life I want to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment